Raise the Bar on Fairness posts:
Today we ask you to join us in our Valentine’s campaign Raise the bar on Fairness! Our action is to ask to World’s Finest Chocolate’s CEO, Edmond Opler, to source fair trade for their chocolate. World’s Finest Chocolate, based in Chicago, is the leading manufacturer of chocolate for school, church and community fundraising. But being the “finest” requires a true commitment to fairness.
We’d love it if you could encourage your networks to get involved in any of these actions for Valentine’s Day!
How can you take action?
- You can sign the web petition at: http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/o/703/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=12371
- Send Mr Opler a color-in postcard : http://www.globalexchange.org/sites/default/files/WorldsFinest_postcard.pdf
- Stay connected to the movement by joining our weekly updates: http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/o/703/p/salsa/web/common/public/content?content_item_KEY=10381
- Celebrate Valentine’s day by giving to your loved ones a Global Exchange Valentine’s gift membership package:
- Visit the campaign page on our website: http://www.globalexchange.org/fairtrade/cocoa/worldsfinest
- Host a screening of the documentary “Dark side of chocolate” to spread awareness: http://www.globalexchange.org/fairtrade/cocoa/darkside
Together we can make the difference; together we can make a change!